Summer is finally here and we know you are eager to get away and want to enjoy yourself on your vacation. After you have booked your hotel and your flight, all you have left to do is pack. And if you are like us, then you know that packing is the most dreadful part. There is no need to worry about it because we are sharing our tips and tricks with you!
Today, we are guiding you with how to pack your carry-on. Hopefully, this helps you when the time arrives for when you need to prepare for vacation.
Packing your Carry-on:
1. A backpack: Use a bag that can hold all your necessary belongings for the flight. A backpack is always the best way to go because it is light, easy to carry and usually has a front pocket which is essential for when you need to access something quickly. Also, it allows you to be hands free to carry your luggage, your tickets and boarding pass and maybe even food!
These are a few options that are great for traveling: Herschel (here) / Kanken (here) / Jansport (here)
2. A wallet: Keep your wallet and some extra cash with you in your carry-on for easy and quick access in case you need to purchase something.
3. Passport: This is definitely a necessity. Keep your passport with you in your carry-on for easier travels through the airport and throughout your travels. Make sure it's in a safe place and keep track of it often.
4. An outfit: Bring an outfit with you! In the rare occasion that your luggage gets lost and takes more than a few hours to obtain, include an extra outfit (with maybe a couple of pairs of underwear and socks) to change into.
5. Toiletries: Keeping a few toiletries that you can bring with you onto the plane is essential in a rut. You won't have to rummage through your luggage in order to find something and in the case of an emergency, you'll have most of what you need at close reach. Items like lip balms, hand cream, sanitizer, mints and your tooth brush will help make an emergency easier to handle.
6. Books/Entertainment: Include books and magazines or even crossword puzzles with you onto your flight! Depending on where you're going, the flight can be long and sometimes they don't play great films, so bring something to keep you occupied. We packed a de-stressing colouring book. It's calming, hours of fun and you end up with some beautiful art!
7. Electronics (earphones, phone, camera, chargers): If you're one who relies on your electronics, these are items you definitely need with you in your carry-on. Bring your phone or any device you use to listen to music to keep yourself entertained throughout your flight. And don't forget earphones!
These are our suggestions for what we think is best for you to pack in your carry on. There are many other aspects you must consider when following this guide such as the destination. If you are traveling to a tropical resort, then perhaps bring a pair of flip flops to change into on the plane before you land. If you are arriving to a colder destination then perhaps bring a jacket.
We hope this helped you! Don't forget to like and share this post on your social media pages.
All our love,
Casandra & Kristin